Quantcast

The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
54 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
This post was updated on .
Good news for anyone that doesn't own this fantastic Chris Bentley book!

Amazon UK have it listed as being released on November 1st 2016 at £29.99, just £10 more than the Second Edition Hardback from 2006 (which I own).

Perhaps it's being done to coincide with the UK Blu-Ray Boxset that's also due this year? Marc, do you know if it will include any extra content compared to previous editions?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Hmm, I haven't heard that, but it's good to see it reissued.  It could be timed to be released at the same time as the Network UFO Blu-ray.  I've heard that another book may be included with that, one that's never been released before.  We'll just have to wait and see I guess.  Although November is coming up, Network will need to announce something pretty soon.

Marc

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Clare Cross
There WILL be a book issued with the forthcoming Network UFO release - written by the one and only Andrew Pixley.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Clare Cross
Intriguing news about the re-release of the book.  I was under the impression that the original publishers, Reynolds & Hearn, had ceased trading.  In this respect I can only imagine that it is being published by another company, possibly Signum books?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Hopefully it's not an error on Amazon's part...

On July 15, "Clare Cross [via SHADO]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Intriguing news about the re-release of the book.  I was under the impression
> that the original publishers, Reynolds & Hearn, had ceased trading.  In this
> respect I can only imagine that it is being published by another company,
> possibly Signum books?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Clare Cross
Yeah, since posting that previous message I have taken a look on Amazon and indeed the book is to be published by Signum Books, which is Marcus Hearn's new publishing company.  Hopefully it will have had some updating and maybe even a new cover design to differentiate it from the previous R&H edition; otherwise, what's the point in buying it?  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Well, maybe it's primarily intended for people who don't have the book already?  :-)

Certainly, that book could have used more color photos throughout... although that would certainly raise the price!

Marc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Clare Cross
Clare - do you have any more details about Pixley's book?

Date? Content? Anything?!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
I've emailed Signum, let's see if they respond... my guess is that it's just the same as the old hardback, but you never know...

On July 15, "Derek22464 [via SHADO]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Clare - do you have any more details about this?
>
> Date? Content? Anything?!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
Marc, I was asking about Pixley's forthcoming book, not Bentley's.

Mind you, thanks for e-mailing the publisher because if it does have new content I might be tempted....

Do YOU have any details about Pixley's book?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Oh, well the UFO book from Andrew Pixley that will be included with the Network UFO Blu-ray set is considered to be "Viewing Notes"... he does not consider it to be a "standalone book".  Here is what he had to say about the subject, on another forum:

"I do tend to ...  draw upon insights offered by those involved in the production of the series. My main aim is always to tell the chronological story of development and context for a series. The facts and figures can indeed be heavy going ... but as many people tell me that they like to have this data, I try to relegate the finer data to the episode entries and devote the initial body text more to the overarching story of production with the quotes from the people involved."

Marc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Got a response from Signum... this is definitely a 'must buy'!

---
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the message. The book is being completely redesigned and will be in full colour for the first time. We now have access to the ITV stills archive and have uncovered some remarkable images. Chris Bentley is writing several new sections and generally updating the text throughout.

Best wishes,

Marcus Hearn
---
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
This post was updated on .
Nice, I'm in!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Branko
In reply to this post by Marc Martin
YAY!
Thanks, Marc!
It was a really logical thing to do, when we think about it :)

All the best,
Branko

On 15.07.2016., at 18:00, "Marc Martin [via SHADO]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Got a response from Signum... this is definitely a 'must buy'!

---
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the message. The book is being completely redesigned and will be in full colour for the first time. We now have access to the ITV stills archive and have uncovered some remarkable images. Chris Bentley is writing several new sections and generally updating the text throughout.

Best wishes,

Marcus Hearn
---



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://shado-forum.com/The-Complete-Book-Of-UFO-reissued-tp4023285p4023298.html
To start a new topic under SHADO, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SHADO, click here.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Clare Cross
FAB news!  

It would have been an unusual step to re-publish a book of this kind after ten years or so and not make the changes outlined above.  This way I imagine it will sell at least twice as many copies as it would have done if it had just been a straightforward re-issue.  

I also know that there are some INCREDIBLE revelations coming our way in the Network DVD/Blu-ray package and so 2016 will be an amazing year for fans of UFO.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
> I also know that there are some INCREDIBLE revelations coming our way in the
> Network DVD/Blu-ray package and so 2016 will be an amazing year for fans of
> UFO.

There's also the UFO trading cards from Unstoppable Cards next month, although I'd say that's less interesting than either the Blu-ray or the book.  But yes, a good year to be a fan of UFO.  :-)

Marc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
Is no one going to say thank you to me for finding this hidden nugget of gold in the first place?!

Oh well, it's good to make a positive contribution to the Forum. And I suppose with Chris's book having a release date of November 1st, it gives us an approximate idea of when the Boxset is due. I mean, it must be around then or thereabouts?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Marc Martin
Administrator
Yes, thanks for finding that!  I doubt that had been on Amazon very long before you found that, which means your timing was great.  They've even updated the description since a couple days ago.

Now, maybe you can find us some inside information about the upcoming UFO Blu-rays?  :-)  Seems that everyone I've encountered who knows something isn't talking.

As for the release date on the Blu-rays, I get the impression that they're going to release INVASION:UFO separately, ahead of the series.  Speculation has had the release date of the series in the September - December time frame.

Marc
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Derek22464
Oh, if only I knew anything about the forthcoming Boxset you'd be the first to know, Marc!

I just log onto Amazon UK every week and see if they've got it on pre-order yet. It's hardly being on the inside, but I imagine putting your product on Amazon almost guarantees maximum market place exposure.

If you're right about a September-December window, then Network will probably release more teasers in August, hopefully.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The Complete Book Of UFO reissued!

Branko
In reply to this post by Marc Martin
The only good news about Network Blu-ray set for me would be that they changed their minds (found funds) and are doing new transfer...

All the best,
Branko

On 16.07.2016., at 23:03, "Marc Martin [via SHADO]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, thanks for finding that!  I doubt that had been on Amazon very long before you found that, which means your timing was great.  They've even updated the description since a couple days ago.

Now, maybe you can find us some inside information about the upcoming UFO Blu-rays?  :-)  Seems that everyone I've encountered who knows something isn't talking.

As for the release date on the Blu-rays, I get the impression that they're going to release INVASION:UFO separately, ahead of the series.  Speculation has had the release date of the series in the September - December time frame.

Marc
 



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://shado-forum.com/The-Complete-Book-Of-UFO-reissued-tp4023285p4023304.html
To start a new topic under SHADO, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SHADO, click here.
123
Loading...